I ran a longer-maintenance run tonight. It was supposed to be around 8, but I underestimated my combined loops and overshot by about 3/4 of a mile. Still good though. Yes, I ran in my vibrams-- I don't THINK I had any embarrassing vibram moments... although, a chiuaua DID chase after me, but he's so short I couldn't figure out if he was actually barking at my feet. I'll be honest- it scared me at first!!! 3 Things on this run...
1) Have you ever had a moment when you're headphone are on and there are loud cars passing, right when somebody comes running up behind you quick. In the matter of .05 second it takes you to turn and realize it's another runner you manage to gasp, jump and think...
"OMG, I'm about to be mugged and I have no pepper spray. What could they actually take from me? Well I DO love my Ipod-- it's pink and I don't really want to get a new one. It's a 3rd generation and the new ones are just so awkward. Well they have videos-- but seriously!!! Who can watch videos while they run?? Hmm... I would if it had Twilight on it! How can I best hide the jewlry I'm wearing? I wish I had listened when my mom told me I needed pepper spray!!!"
Well I had one of those moment followed quickly with a "oh my god" when I realized it was a group of high school cross country boys. Not only was I embarrased at my yelping and their passing me quicker than lightening, but I was also pretty jealous of their butts and legs-- yes, I DID say high school BOYS. I don't know what they're feeding boys out here but they have the butts and legs of very athletic chicks: Small, toned, curvey. I don't get it. Oh well, moving on!!!!....
2) My vibrams started fighting back. Remember my run through the Mud Pit?? Well after i washed and dried my VFFs they got a little snugger. Good news/bad news. Good news: When they rub they don't actually form blisters. Bad new: when they rub they just straight cut into your foot. Furtunately (or maybe UNfortunately) for me, I don't feel cutting into my feet. I came home with bloody feet and bloody VFFs. Sigh... oh well, I'll just have to get them back loostened up again-- back to wearing my VFFs around work!!!! Yayyyyyyy
3) PODCAST Review #1: Two Gomers Run a Marathon
DL Location: ITunes or above Link
Primary Type (Speaking, Music, etc): Speaking
Location (Home, Running, etc): Home
About: Supposed to be about running-- it's not!
Episode(s): 3 and 4
About: This is the first running podcast I've listened to and I just couldn't focus on anything they were saying. This is probably because it was extremely boring!!! I think you can take a running podcast 2 ways. 1) You know about running and you're talking about your methods, giving advice, giving other's advice, presenting different ideas in running, etc. OR 2) You don't know much about running- accept that fact and talk about what you're learning, why you're on the programs you are, bring in other people who DO know what they're talking about... or at LEAST be entertaining!!! These guys don't know much about running (even though they have trained for and run a half marathon). That's fine-- you have to start somewhere, but if you're going to do a show on it, accept that fact and discuss the challanges you're facing and how you're getting through those. These guys spent abouttt 20 of the 50 minutes talking about what shows they were excited to see come out. The only real running related discussion they had were talking about the 5K's they did and essentially only spent time complimenting themselves and each other.
OOH and on a side note: The one "Gomer" (still have no idea what that even means) was discussing the Taylor Swift/Kanye mess (this was the week after he interrupted her award) and the one actually said (in reference to Taylor Swift) "I've never even heard of that person". SERIOUSLY??? WTF
1) What podcasts are you following?? Where do you find them??? Any good places to DL podcasts for Mac computers???
2) WHO would YOU want to hear make a podcast??? I have 2 people/groups:
- I think if B.O.B and The Redhead did a podcast it would be freaking hilarious!!! They would definitely have a mix of "running knowledge" and pure entertainment.
- Tall Mom aleady has a huge following because of her insight and thoughtful nature. She would definitely have one of those uplifting "you can do it" sort of podcasts... you know full of pump up music and ever once in a while you hear motivating phrases like "aspire to inspire" Thanks Mel!!!
That's all for tonight. Happy Running!!!!