Monday, April 11, 2011

T-1 Week Until 50 Marathons in 50 States!

I started this blog 2 years and 2 months ago as a means to stay true to my goal of 50 marathons in 50 states by Boston 2011. Since then you have all followed as I've completed 53 marathons and ultras in 49 states & D.C and (initially) struggled to make a BQ prior to Boston registration. With the 5 marathons prior to 2009 that is a total 58 marathons! 1 Week from right now I'll be on the bus to Hopkinton to finish this crazy quest and complete one of the biggest goals of my life... I'll be heading to the Boston Marathon for my 50th state!!!


Could I be any more excited? No! Could I be anymore nervous?... also no! I'll have a ton of family, friends, running buddies, maniacs, and bloggy buddies at the finish that I'll keep in mind every step of that 26.2 journey because without any of you there is no way I would have made it through these crazy 2 years. Between now and then I have a crazy number of posts that I still owe you...


1 Coaches Corner
3 or 4 Race Reviews
1 Boston Marathon RUNdown
Updates on WS100 Training (although that is taking a backseat this week for Boston)


Don't worry I'm not going anywhere yet. I have at least 6-7 marathons and ultras lined up before WS100 as well as the actual 100 miles from hell planned. Also-- hello!!! Remember I qualified for the NYC marathon? I'll definitely take you all to and through that experience. All in all I'll be running THREE majors this year... Boston, Chicago, and NYC. Also-- sorry folks but my 50 state adventure won't be complete until I get all sub 4-hours in all the states. So, nice try but I'm not that easy to get rid of. More to come throughout BOSTON MADNESS WEEK!!!!
This has been going around FB... but in case you missed it!


Happy BQ Running,
*~Stephanie~*

11 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you to complete this leg of your journey. I hope Boston is better than you could even imagine. I'll be cheering you on from Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting - I can't wait for the celebration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO excited it's finally here! will i be seeing you at some of the meet up fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya buddy!!! You're amazing!!! So pumped for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO excited that Boston is finally here! I can't wait to see how well you do and read all about your experience. Go Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool, I'm actually really excited for you to finish this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AGGHHHH I am so excited for you. Wish I could be part of the finish line party!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU ARE AMAZING!! I'm so excited for you! Go girl!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have enjoyed following your blog. How exciting that you are "already" coming up on your 50th state. You're going to rock it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have really enjoyed following your 50 state journey and I can't wait to hear about Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha, love that quote!! Best of luck to you! I hope to meet you at some point! Such a big accomplishment! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete