Friday, June 11, 2010

Best in Ohio!!!

New in Steph's Marathon News:
If you've been following, I recently ran the Delaware Marathon in Wilmington, DE. It was an awesome (very fast and very fun) race! It's currently my PR (by 1 second) and as part of the results, they keep a "best time by state" for males and females. Well I just received this official little documentation by email....

"Congratulations!! We have validated our race results and determined you are indeed a home state cash award winner from the Christiana Care Health System Delaware Marathon Running Festival, presented by New Balance Delaware. 2150 runners from all around the country participated in our seventh annual event, staged from the Wilmington, Delaware Riverfront on Sunday, May 16, 2010...."

For having the best female time for Ohio, I get a $25 cash award and they list me on their website as a current state record holder. I think that is such a neat way to 1) get more people involved in the race and 2) give the racers a fun potential time to beat!

Steph's Training: Mission Endurance Challenge...
Well the endurance challenge ended yesterday when I woke up in the middle of the night (yet again) but this time felt very very very ill. Fevery with a stomach bug. I'm not sure if I've just worn myself down from my double digit training or if I just got a bug. I did get a workout in, but I kept it indoors in cool weather and took it EASY! So 4 days of double digits-- not too shabby. We'll call that the "Base" and see how far we can go from there! This is actually a set of experiments I'm going to be working on. I'm going to try different things (running styles, vitamins, weight training, etc) and see what helps with ultra endurance training and what doesn't. There has to be a fine line between pushing yourself and pushing yourself over the edge-- let's see how much we can flirt with that line or if that line can move! Next endurance challenge? Probably next week! Stay tuned!

Upcoming Marathons... and TWILIGHT!!
Next up on the Marathon Journey or "Steph's Foot Tour De US" is Seattle, WA with MANY lovely running-bloggers for the Seattle RnR Marathon! Mel, Tall Mom, is planning a pasta dinner, so if you're going and haven't gotten in on the dinner lemme know and I'll pass the note on! Also, if you're going and have anything fun planned for the weekend let me know. The only home baseball game they have is on Thur :( Boo.

Also it should be noted-- we'll be in Seattle, which is the closest big city to Forks, WA. This is the setting for Twilight. The week following the marathon is the opening of Eclipse-- the 3rd movie in the Twilight series. I'm determined to find a running appropriate Twilight T-shirt to wear during the race! If you know of any light weight, sweat wick material T-shirt with a big picture of Edward, I would love you forever!

That's it for today! Happy Friday and Happy Running!
<3,X&O's ...Stephanie!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Friday Stephanie! Congrats on your Best in Ohio. You're officially a state record holder. Isn't that cool? I'm enjoying following your endurance challenges. Hope you rest up and recuperate and are ready for another challenge next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on "best in State!" What a fun idea and bonus on your new found fame & fortune. LOL!

    OMG I am sooo excited to be in Seattle so close to the Eclipse opening. *squeals* Pleeeease let me know if you find an appropriate shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on Best in Ohio from another Ohioan. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new personal record and your "best for Ohio" record!! Good luck in Seattle! I love that city!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be running in Seattle in 2 weeks as well!! It'll be my first marathon and I'm soo excited!! :)

    I think my Team In Training group is goign to that Baseball game on Thursday!! :)

    I'll be looking out for some twilight apperal!! :) I'm gonna make my boyfriend take me to Eclipse on the 30th!! To bad I couldn't stay in WA so I could go visit Forks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being the Best!

    I am sure you can find a shirt out there somewhere or maybe make an iron-on it you really have to. That would be awesome.

    You bloggers are going to have a great time together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steph ! I have an idea... if you so choose to make the effort... buy a sweat wick plain tee and get the iron-on fabric from michaels... print out a pic of Edward onto the paper, then iron it on! I think it should work :)

    ReplyDelete