Saturday, October 16, 2010

Detroit Marathon in the AM!

Happy Marathon Eve... let's face it-- it should be a holiday in all families!!!

Michi-Losers
MB and I spent the day in (gag) Ann Arbor to watch the Michi-Losers get further dominated by Iowa! Woohoo... great game! Ann Arbor is about 40 minutes away and before making our trip we went BACK to the marathon expo (for the second day in a row) to pick up an amphipod for MB and ... not gonna lie... I got a second free massage. I will be getting my third tomorrow post-race!

Pre-Race Dinner and Course Construction!
When we got back we went to Greek Town to get dinner and found out that there are not a lot of runner-friendly (non greasy, non ethnic) foods around here-- right right, we should have known when we went to GREEK town! We also found out that part of the course is seriously under construction. If you're running Detroit tomorrow BEWARE of very uneven ground! There are chunks of the road broken up and no notice around them.

Race Shirts!
If you're following the Detroit Marathon page on facebook, you'll notice they ran out of most common sizes for shirts pretty early today-- eek! No good. Luckily, we went last night and I got my XS-- which is actually XS! Super stoked!

Ok back to the Ohio State game *GO BUCKS*-- oops I mean getting rest for the race!

Good luck to every body racing in the morning!
*Detroit Marathon*
*Denver RnR Marathon*
*Columbus*
*Nike Womens*

Happy Racing!
Stephanie
"Run to Win" - Meb

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the race! Can't wait to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not going to lie.. I'm not a U of M fan.. I enjoyed their loss. :D

    Hope you enjoyed the race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog a few weeks ago and I'm living vicariously through your posts. Plus, you're an Ohioan (me, too) and an OSU fan (me, too). So you're my new favorite blog.

    ReplyDelete