Monday, November 15, 2010

Run/Weekend Updates via Picture

I'm still feeling pretty sick... better than last week, but I can't seem to kick this cold bug. Yuck! It's definitely made worse by running outside now that the winter weather kicked in. Since I'm not feeling my best, this post will be made mostly via picture. 


Friday...
I lost another one of these...
As you can tell from the other toes... I really couldn't afford that. Damn!


Saturday...
This is my OFF weekend so I did a quick 10 miler before I went to a Crossfit competition with a friend... just to watch! If you don't remember, I did a post on crossfit found here about 2 months ago. Watching these things sure makes me want to join their gym... but with my running, I just can't risk getting hurt before April!


I don't have a dog, but I like to borrow other peoples dogs and pretend ;) I dragged my friend Jason and his puppy "Pumpkin" to a Christmas Stroll up near work and they had a puppy costume contest. Remember Alaska and my Moose Antlers I ran in? If not, check it out ... here. Well pumpkin became the "Christmas Moose"... and TOTALLY WON! We don't lose here at Steph's 50 Marathon Challenge and that includes the dogs! 
Sunday...
I did this...
... for the first time in YEARS! How does one run one of these long sprint races??? I felt like crap and coughed up a lung afterwards, but turned out I got 10th woman out of over 900! I ran a 21:28, which I guess is a 6:55 min/mile pace. Not great, but it got the job done! Also, I convinced a bunch of people to dress in tutus for the race...
Team TUTU after the Who Dey 5k!
Most of the people here are part of our UNDEFEATED flag football team!! Woohoo! So a football-inspired 5K was just perfect. Here is more tutu-ness....
Two TUTU Totin Tools!
After watching the benGALS get a serious beat down, I went home and passed out for a few hours... All this activity is probably not going to help the cold situation-- but it sure is fun! 

Coming Up:
...this Weekend!!!!!!

Happy Running,
Stephanie
"Run to Win" - Meb

6 comments:

  1. You're a hoot! Love the costume and congrats on placing 10th! 5K's are brutal!!

    Hope you are feeling better for Philly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had an amazing weekend and congrats on placing! You are speedy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tutus! Did you make them or buy them? Amazing race - 10th out of 900?! Awesome! Even though I'm a Browns fan, I know when to give props when they're due :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome tutus...and love the toenail shot..WARRRIOR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel better soon, girl!! We need you out there RUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the 5K! Thanks for posting the toenail pic, my sister just lost her first one and is SURE she is dying. Now I can show her she will be just fine :D

    ReplyDelete