A lot of bloggers are into "3 things Thursdays" and posts of that nature. I never have only 3 things to say so we're going to go with a "Too Many Things to Count Tuesday" sort of a post-- just go with it, ok? Just some interesting tid-bits/updates on Steph's 50 Marathon Challenge... (Note: if you are friends with me on facebook, most of these have been recent status updates, so excuse the repetition. I'm not feeling overly creative this week).
1) 11 flipping states to go!!! 11??? When did this happen. Where did the other 39 come from? Remember my #12 Leading Ladies pout, whine, and quit for aboutttt 2 hours because I thought I'd never make Boston Qualifying time and 38 more states sounded... well... "stupid" and "pointless" (yeah, sort of a rough day there.. eek). That was just about a year ago and I've done another 27-- TWENTY-SEVEN!!! since then and made BQ 4 times. Are you sad it's almost over? Don't worry-- I still have to double back on a bunch of states to get sub-4 hour times. Did you really think you could get rid of me that easily?? Pshhh... you crazy!
2) New Steph Record!!! I didn't realize this until after the race was over, but I finished my 19th marathon this year over the weekend. Last year I only ran 18 in the whole year and I'm already past that... I'llllll go ahead and give myself a Gold Star and a pat on the back.
5) MN Zoom Yah! Yah! 1 Day Left!!!! We are supposed to be notified tomorrow if we've been accepted into the Zoom Yah! Yah! indoor marathon that is lottery based where only 40 runners are picked. So... as of tomorrow you will be notified if it's time to cheer for Coach Dick and the St. Olaf track team... or if we need to further harass them (Mel)!! :) Please stay tuned ...
6) GE Corporate Marathon Team. Got this note yesterday...
"Congratulations on being selected to represent GE in the 2011 USCAA Corporate Marathon and inaugural Half Marathon Championships at PF Chang's Rock'n'Roll Marathon in Phoenix Arizona on January 16, 2011."
Woohoo! And for the 40th time... yes, I have a job. No, it's not running-- Nike refuses to sponsor "Slightly better than average" runners. Their Loss!!! So yeah I get to participate in the 2011 USCAA Marathon Championships (that's US Corporate Athletic Associate) AND complete a state along the way!
7) Upcoming Marathons... I don't have another NEW state until Omaha on Sept 26th, unless I don't get into Zoom Yah Yah, then I'll be forced to run Walker North on Sept 18th *Yuck-- Gag me*! This would seriously impeded on my social life as I have a party to attend that weekend. Yes... in addition to a job, I also try and keep some sort of social life. (Running isn't everything, friends...) If I DO get into Zoom YahYah! I'll prob pick up a race on Sept 11 in Indiana (repeat state) just for fun.
Das about it folks. I owe ya 2 race ratings... Alaska and Idaho. Coming soon!
"Run to Win" -Meb