Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Training for Marathon #6...

Training:
I made the plunge... I finally got a garmin GPS watch. These are great for training- they can show you your pace, distance, calories, heart rage, follow specified routes, keep a running partner that you can compete against. It does everything. Garmin Forerunner 405 with HR monitor. It may not be pretty, but it's a great training tool!




Training Runs: Georgia was just a few weeks before Nashville, so I've been careful not to over-train in the past few weeks. The rundown...
~ Long Run: (1) Completed- Xenia 1/2 Marathon. A week after ING Georgia, I joined the Cinci galloway group for the Xenia marathon and half marathon. I complete around an 8:36/mile pace. Not feeling great... I guess my mind was ready for a long run before my body was. Lessons learned... Don't do a long run a week after a hard marathon.
~ Fun Runs: (4) I've been running on Wednesday nights with the Cincinnati Galloway group. Last Wednesday we went to Deweys to celebrate Larry's Bday (See pics below) This group brings a new meaning to "Will run for Beer... and pizza...and graeters... and giant cookie pizzas"...


Larry and his BDay cookie...

*Everyone seems to have picked up on the Mizuno Running shoe kick... some larger than others. Guess which one is mine and which is Larrys!!!
~Speed Work... (1) I ran the 4 mile "Rabbit Ramble" or the "Bunny hop" as I called it with MB, Joanne & Jeanelle. I ran a time of 28:38 (About a 7:09 mile). I got first in my age group, and 7th overall.

This week: I'll do 1 last moderate paced run (7 miles), then an easy run on wednesday followed by 1 more run this weekend. Next week I'll have to taper... :( Sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment